Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Understand the various professional areas that come under the bigger domain of journalism.
- Apply the knowledge in various areas of journalism and come up with innovative solutions or take up higher education and research.
- Work competently as individuals and as members of a team on platform-agnostic multimedia journalistic projects.
- Engage in bettering the professional practices in journalism and develop the capacity to adjust with social and professional changes.
- Create innovative products and practices to aid various areas under the larger field of journalism.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Journalism Knowledge: Apply the knowledge acquired in news writing and news presentation, news editing, news designing, news photography and news cinematography, content development and proofreading in order to solve problems – both simple and complex.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex application problems in journalism reaching substantiated conclusions using the knowledge of news writing and news presentation, news editing, news designing, news photography and news cinematography, content development and proofreading.
- Design/ Development of Solutions: Design solutions for unsolved issues in journalism and design strategic solutions that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for social and ethical considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern platform-agnostic multimedia journalistic tools with an understanding of the limitations.
- Journalist and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, economic, political, ethical and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional journalistic practices.
- Social Environment: Understand the impact of journalistic practices in creating the social environment, and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of journalism.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on specific journalistic issues with the larger media community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the journalistic issues and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in journalism.
An aspiring candidate has to be a graduate in any discipline from a UGC-recognized university. Additionally, an aspiring candidate needs to qualify in Adamas University Admission Test (AUAT) for PG.
Duration (in Year): 2
With the right sort of training, the learners of this programme will find it a cakewalk to find suitable placements after the completion of the course. The learners can find placements at Television News Channels, FM Radio Channels, News Portals, Newspapers, Magazines, News Agencies, Public Relations Firms and Agencies, Content Aggregating Farms, Content Writing Farms and Publicity Companies, Production Companies, Research Farms and the likes.
Additionally, Adamas University with its research focus will also orient learners for academics and research. Research projects and dissertations constitute an integral part of the educational structure here.