Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Understand the various professional areas that come under the bigger domain of film industry.
- Apply the knowledge in various areas of film practices and come up with innovative ideas or take up higher education and research.
- Work competently as individuals and as members of a team on platform-agnostic multimedia audio-visual projects.
- Engage in bettering the professional practices in filmmaking and develop the capacity to adjust with social and professional changes.
- Create innovative visual representations to aid various areas under the larger field of filmmaking.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Audio-Visual Knowledge: Apply the knowledge acquired in writing for cinema and television, audio-visual editing, designing the narrative, cinematography, sound recording and designing, video editing and most significantly, representing.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature in terms of audio visuals, cinema, theatre, advertisement and analyze complex socio-economic problems in creating audio-visual representations.
- Design/ Development of Narratives: Design narratives, strategies and forms for various aspects within the society that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for social and ethical considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including critical thinking, design and representation that focus on analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions and new avenues to formulate new ideas.
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern platform-agnostic multimedia filmmaking tools with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Filmmaker and the Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, economic, political, ethical and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional audio-visual practices.
- Social Environment: Understand the impact of audio-visual and cultural practices in creating the social environment, and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development that is constructive and inclusive in nature.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of filmmaking.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate through various forms and representations effectively on specific issues that is inter and multidisciplinary, inclusive, developmental, multicultural in nature with special emphasis on caste, class and gender in a larger perspective of the nation.
- Project Management: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the audio-visual production issues and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in terms of cultural productions.
An aspiring candidate has to be a graduate in any discipline from a UGC-recognized university. Additionally, an aspiring candidate needs to qualify in Adamas University Admission Test (AUAT) for PG.
Duration (in Year): 2
With the right sort of training, the learners of this programme will find it a cakewalk to find suitable placements after the completion of the programme. The learners can find placements at Production Houses, Television Channels, Portals, Public Relations Farms and Agencies, Advertising Agencies, Content Aggregating Farms, Publicity Companies and Research Farms.
Additionally, Adamas University with its research focus will also orient learners for academics and research.